Lush's new Jelly Bombs

So recently, Lush have unveiled a new range of products called "Jelly Bombs" which they describe as "The next stage in the evolution of bathing". The jelly bombs are used just like an ordinary bath bomb, however, as well as releasing pretty colours and scents, these jelly bombs also release a sodium alginate jelly. After seeing multiple posts online about these revolutionary bath bombs I decided it was time for me to experience one for myself; and so, today I headed down to my local Lush store to see what they were all about.
When I entered the store I spotted the jelly bomb range immediately as they were displayed on their own in the centre of the store. The range includes 4 different jelly bombs; dark arts, green coconut, the big sleep and marmalade. All four jelly bombs are similar in shape and size however they differ in colour and each one has a symbol on one side that relates to their name, which personally I think it a clever little touch. In my experience, the staff members at Lush are always happy to help with anything and so when I showed interest in the jelly bombs they were more than happy to demonstrate one of my choice. I chose the Dark Arts jelly bomb as out of the four I thought it had the nicest scent, it smells quite spicy and fruity but it isn't sickly smelling. Also, I had seen videos of this particular one being used and I had seen that it turns the water black which looked amazing! After seeing the dark arts jelly bomb in action I decided to buy it.

First off, as soon as you touch this jelly bomb your hand will be covered in grey dust and glitter but its worth it because it makes your hands smell so nice afterwards. Once the jelly bomb is submerged in the water it starts to fizz and bubble and it begins to release the jelly. Although the exterior is a dark grey colour, dark arts actually has a hidden pink centre which is released and looks really pretty. Due to the pink centre, at first the water looked a dark shade of purple but once I had mixed the water up it went completely black. Although black water may not sound appealing to some, coupled with the glitter this dark bath looked magical. 
Once in the bath, the water texture felt a little strange at first as it was something that I wasn't used to but I soon became accustom to it. I rubbed some of the sodium alginate jelly onto my skin, as I was told that it was very moisturising, and it made my skin feel very silky and soft. At first I expected the jelly to stick to my skin and that I would have to shower after my bath in order to get it all of but that was not the case. The jelly rubbed into my skin well and wasn't sticky at all. One thing I will say is that you definitely need to wipe down the bath after using the dark arts jelly bomb as it does leave a black ring around the bath, however it comes off very easily and in my case there wasn't a lot of jelly residue on the bottom of the bath which I was pleasantly surprised about.
Overall I really enjoyed using this product and I am definitely thinking about grabbing another jelly bomb the next time I'm in Lush - perhaps the green coconut one as it has a tropical scent and I just adore anything with coconut in. If you love bath bombs from Lush I'd definitely recommend giving the jelly bombs a try!


Quote of the day: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr Seuss

Comments

Popular Posts